Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WAPO: Trump shared highly classified intel to Russians in Oval Office
(05-15-2017, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Russian hysteria currently sweeping the Nation makes me want to go watch Red Dawn (The original, not that remake)

Oh yeah, the hysteria. So what if he shares intel a friend gave to you in confidence with the Russians. Who would possibly take issue with that? And he's in his rights and the story could be fake, and if it's not fake it could be exaggerated, let's all give Trump what he deserves: The ongoing benefit of the doubt. The people chose him, so nothing to see. Just "hysteria".

You do know you have to own these stances in future times, right? 100 days are over, the period of grace is over. Things like these will stick for centuries. Remember the guys who still defended Trump over this, we will say.
I give Trump defenders all kinds of wiggle room and always tried to keep it fair. But defending this Trump move in any way is not acceptable. You have to at least admit that there is cause for concern. Of course you don't have to do anything, but be aware you might take a side which turns out to be embarrassing. This one won't be forgotten.

(05-15-2017, 10:36 PM)Benton Wrote: Diplomatic policy is his to set. If he values Russia as a better ally than European and middle eastern countries, that's his choice. 

Sure, that is true. It stilll doesn't allow him to pass on information from third parties who gave it to you in confidence. And if he wants to be allied with Russia, at least put the world on notice upfront. I can't imagine how betrayed the intelligence must feel that passed on the information to an alleged friend. I guess comes warning of the next terror threat, they might not do so any longer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: WAPO: Trump shared highly classified intel to Russians in Oval Office - hollodero - 05-16-2017, 08:02 AM