Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WAPO: Trump shared highly classified intel to Russians in Oval Office
(05-16-2017, 03:54 PM)Benton Wrote: but it does.

As far as I know, he's not legally bound not to divulge military information from other countries/source. If it directly places US troops in harm's way, he would be. But without knowing what the info was (I'm not Russian, so obviously I'm going to be out of the loop on what the US is doing), if Trump was just giving up some other country's information, then he likely is legally in the clear.

Oh sure, legally. He is "allowed" then. US law and everything.
If I'm head of a foreign intelligence, share highly sensitive information in good faith and trusting - and see said information being spouted out by your president, I might have very little consideration for the lawfulness of that act in the US. If any, that this line of argumentation is brought up and made clear would be one additional reason to not provide the US with information any longer.

When I said "not allowed", then I didn't talk US law, but diplomatic boundaries that were breached, probably in the form of a broken agreement/promise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: WAPO: Trump shared highly classified intel to Russians in Oval Office - hollodero - 05-16-2017, 04:08 PM