Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More proof of how good Paul Alexander is
(08-04-2015, 04:58 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm not the biggest PA fan, but the Asst. HC title came from Marvin. I believe Paul was considering moving on after the 02 season. Marvin talked to him and convinced Mike to give him the title to keep him here.

Ah. I was off by a year. I was thinking that happened while Lebeau was HC in 2002. Good catch.
(08-04-2015, 05:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Well, show me one O-line coach that produces a great O-line without an abundance of talent.

The bottom line is that nearly every one of the top offensive lines in the league is comprised of a couple first rounders and some mid round picks.  That's just the way it works.

This is what Fred would call the dreaded straw man. No one said he should've produced a great o-line without talent. If Paul were as great as some of you think though, he should've been able to slap something semi-decent together. 

Honestly, the only time our line was a wreck was 2008. We had plenty of talent in '06-07. By 2009, we had Whit, Mathis, Cook and Collins to go along with Bobbie. That was enough talent. We've only added more since then, with Andre (who missed most of '09), Zeitler and Boling. 

Despite having solid pieces, the run game had an average rank of 27th in ypc (over an 8 year span) and we had a few different years where the sack numbers were high (although we've mostly been ok there). This continued up til last year. Now I doubt anyone thinks we've been lacking talent since the "re-boot".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More proof of how good Paul Alexander is - Shake n Blake - 08-04-2015, 09:28 PM