Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 offensive Rookie of the yr
(05-17-2017, 12:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, in the past it seemed we had great competition at RB, now? Not so much with both Hill and Gio's problems.

Like i said, Mixon already knows how to block in the passing game. This is a major deal in rookies starting. Mixon is much
more versatile than Hill and Dalton is already speaking of this. Mixon has ten times better vision than Hill. I honestly find it
more far fetched that Hill with him trying to be something he is not (a scatback) and Gio coming off of injury will start ahead
of this guy. But i could be wrong and Hill might find his true self (a powerback) and Gio will find his inner self and get healthy
and be too much for Mixon to get ahead of early in the season. Could happen but i doubt it.

Mixon has a great shot at starting this year here and it would be the best for this team IMHO.

I dunno. Marvin has continued to play veterans even when vastly superior rookies/young players are ready to play. The "fisher price package" didn't start full time until 2012 (Dunlap and Atkins drafted in 2010) despite being clearly superior to the entrenched starters such as Geathers, Tank, Sims, Odom and Rucker. They gave all 16 starts to Geathers and he gave them 1 sack haha. They always cited his "reliability" and his "knowledge of the system" despite poor stats.

Then, in 2011, Rucker and Geathers started a total of 24 starts and provided 6.5 sacks. Johnson gave them 6 sacks with only 5 starts and Dunlap 4.5 sacks with only 1 start.

Granted, starts don't tell the whole story, especially in regards to commonly rotated things like slot corner, WR3, TE etc (where the start is given to whatever formation is the first play of the game), but DE and DT are relatively stable in terms of starts vs total snaps.

I expect Mixon and Ross to be the new "fisher price package" that they play far less than they should. Then, the Bengals will continue to start the likes of Hill and Lafell because of their "reliability" and "knowledge of the system."

Mixon will probably average 4 or 5 yards per carry, but only get 5 to 10 carries a game haha. Meanwhile, Hill will be providing a robust 3.2 ypc average and be given 15 to 20 carries per game XD.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2017 offensive Rookie of the yr - Steve - 05-16-2017, 08:23 PM
2017 offensive Rookie of the yr - BenZoo2 - 05-17-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: 2017 offensive Rookie of the yr - CJD - 05-17-2017, 12:30 PM
RE: 2017 offensive Rookie of the yr - CJD - 05-17-2017, 01:35 PM
RE: 2017 offensive Rookie of the yr - CJD - 05-17-2017, 09:23 PM