Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kids Protest thier own Graduation
(05-21-2017, 11:16 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Pretty much my point. Everybody's so concerned with telling other people what they should be doing with their life, they ignore that fact that it's their life to do with as they please.

It's the "instant argument winner."  Find something you have that your opponent does not, and can't change during the argument and declare that single thing is what gives a person his/her ability to see what is "right" in this situation.  End of argument.

Here is a non-political story that is an example of it.  I'm watching football with 2 friends and my friend's jerkass brother comes in and sits down.  We are talking about football and the NFL and I don't recall what the topic was but he disagreed with what we were saying.  The 3 of us watch more football than him, know more about the other teams than he does, know about the rules and so on and so forth.  He is losing the argument (and we've being diplomatic because he was a nutbag and we didn't want him to even be there, anyways) and eventually he asks rhetorically "Did you guys even play high school football?"

We did not.  He was the only one there who played football in high school.  Keep in mind this is a small town so he was just out there running around with a bunch of white farm boys BUT he then decided that playing high school football was the one single thing that mattered when it came to understanding whatever we were discussing in the NFL.  So he found something he had that we didn't, and that we COULDN'T and (conveniently) declared that THE ultimate measuring stick for NFL knowledge.

This guy was also the only one of us who hunted and he once declared that to be the reason we couldn't talk about military things with him and ever be right, either.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kids Protest thier own Graduation - Nately120 - 05-21-2017, 11:32 PM