Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana
(05-25-2017, 09:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I had originally heard felony assault, glad it is misdemeanor, though. Felony would have been asinine.

Larry Sabato had a tweet with good news for Gianforte, apparently you can use campaign funds for anger management. LOL

In all seriousness, this was one guy and this wasn't too rough on the questioning. Members of Congress have half a dozen phones shoved in their face with multiple questions being asked all the time. This may have been a bad day for him, but that doesn't excuse assault, and fleeing the scene, and the idiocy of releasing a statement that has seemingly been contradicted by the audio (I say seemingly because editing can do wonders).

1) this reporter had written an article showing the candidate's ties to Russian firms that are under sanctions.

2) I heard on the radio this morning (anecdotally) that another reporter mentioned the incident to a gas station attendant on the way to cover the story and the employee said "My kind of politician".  So he'll probably win anyway.

Kick their ass and all that. #MAGA
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Republican candidate 'body-slams' Guardian reporter in Montana - GMDino - 05-25-2017, 09:07 AM