Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More proof of how good Paul Alexander is
(08-05-2015, 01:10 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is almost exclusively a RT and in free agency teams pony up for LT.    Most don't like to give LT money unless they can play LT.    Perfect example is Anthony Collins getting a big deal.  

Could have had Munchak for what?  An OL coach?   Why would we take a step back?  And why do you think Munchak is better?  

Yes he has been here a long time.   But did you ever consider that he was one of the few bright spots on the staff?   And that's why Marvin rewarded him with the AHC title.   I believe that year San Francisco and a couple others were after him.

Smith got no offers for good RT money.....zilch.  The Buccaneers are not very good at this NFL thing at the moment.....and back to Ken Blackman, more like warm body to fill a hole.....should've gotten more than that out of a third rounder....

Yes, obviously. For one, he is a better coach, did you see Pittsburgh dominate us on the ground at our house.....cramming it down our throats at will? What about that record breaking year CJ had behind his line? How good did Eddie George look? Has Piano Man ever been sniffed for a HC gig? Has he been a first round draft pick and gone into the HOF as an offensive lineman? Yeah, you might say I trust ol' Mike's knowledge a little more......

There are no bright spots when you're that bad, he's a Son of Paul man, through and through.....I've never read of anyone being "after him".....and Mediocre Marv is not exactly a ringing endorsement in my book.....
(08-05-2015, 01:15 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Btw he actually made Nate Livings someone who got a pretty good sized deal in free agency.    

Stacey Andrews was a mess after he left Alexander.    

As was Anthony Collins, who he somehow made into a highly sought after FA.

Nate "Ole` " Livings was straight doo doo.  He's part of the reason we had to run an unbalanced line so often to pick up 3 frickin yards.  He. Sucked. The Cowboys overpaid by a mile because of the market for guards that year and their desperation.  Grubbs and Nicks set the bar really high and it trickled down from there.  Livings was garbage......he was garbage here.

Stacey Andrews blew out his knee and had a pulmonary embolism.....but nice try.

Anthony Collins was made to look better because of all of the talent around him.....he wasn't "disguised" in Tampa.....plus, no one around here gives any credit to Andy Dalton and his quick release.  As someone mentioned earlier, in 2012, when the line was asked to protect longer in order to allow Andy to ad lib, they gave up 46 sacks.  When Andy is among the league leaders in getting the ball out early, they're "a great o line", even though we're among the bottom feeders in yards per carry almost annually.  That's pretty telling to me......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More proof of how good Paul Alexander is - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-05-2015, 10:04 AM