Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Housing Secretary Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A 'State Of Mind'
(05-26-2017, 09:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps the new budget will reduce the folks that are receiving subsides that "need them the most". I've read Economic Growth under Obama was the worst of any President since WWII and only Herbert Hoover was worse since the Great Depression.

Maybe this budget looks to be proactive instead of reactive. "Pockets of big business" is just something folks say that failed to look at an economic model.  

Actually, I specified the military industrial complex for a reason, not overall big business. The reason for that is because the defense budget is where he has decided to not be fiscally responsible.

As for economic growth, I'm not here to defend Obama on his economic policies. Honestly, the neoliberal direction of the Clinton and Obama administrations was closer to GOP attitudes than what I favor (I'm more of New Deal kind of guy). I honestly haven't seen much reason to expect higher economic growth from Trump policies, and from what I have seen, neither has the CBO, IMF, or the Fed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Housing Secretary Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A 'State Of Mind' - Belsnickel - 05-26-2017, 09:50 PM