Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since 2005 the Bengals haven't had this on defense
(05-30-2017, 12:17 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I think Marvin needs to change up.his approach on defense
Cause its resulted in how many playoff wins since 2005?
A monster year from Lawson or Willis would be huge in getting the Bengals into the
Playoffs and hopefully farther this year
The lack of a game changer at OLB has kinda been the achilles of this defense
How many failures have we seen of late .....Dansby Hawk P.J Dawson

I think Minter gives them a very solid option as the other Nickel LB next to Burfict.  Much, much quicker than the ones you listed and Vigil will see more and more snaps as well.  Both of them are significant upgrades in terms of being able to cover RBs and TEs.  

As far as a DROY goes, it is often a player that gets the gaudy stats at either DE or CB/S.  I think Willis would have the greatest opportunity as we FINALLY get more of a rotation again at the RDE position.  Willis's strength and speed coming in fresh should be a nightmare for opposing LTs (or RTs, as he has also played extensively at LDE, and I would like to see Carlos kept more fresh as well).  I don't think he will have a ridiculous number of sacks to draw attention to himself nationally, but it could happen.  Especially when you consider the Bengals may be playing from a lead more often as the offensive firepower looks stronger than it ever has in the Dalton Era.

The real "game changer" here is Burfict.  He is unquestionably the best player on defense, and it looks like he is taking his contract year seriously.  I can't wait to see him out there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Since 2005 the Bengals haven't had this on defense - SHRacerX - 05-30-2017, 06:01 AM