Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since 2005 the Bengals haven't had this on defense
(05-31-2017, 11:56 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Interesting thing with the Dunlap thing actually. He did eventually become a psuedo starter, but Marvin has a superstition about changing the depth chart midseason. The biggest example I remember was in Marvin Jones' second year, he was listed ahead of Brandon Tate in one game, but got hurt on the opening kickoff. That's why you'll hear "X player is starting in Z players place" rather than make them an official starter

I can't remember everything about the Dunlap situation, but I do remember that Dunlap was playing all pass rush downs, while Geathers (?) was still technically starting and playing running downs. Marvin seemed to have some kind of issue with Dunlap back then, but I can't remember exactly what it was. That's when people were still questioning Dunlap's motor and work ethic. Seems silly now, but I guess back then it was legit. Fans all wanted Dunlap to "start" and play more because he was already showing what a beast he was.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Since 2005 the Bengals haven't had this on defense - Shake n Blake - 06-01-2017, 11:33 AM