Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
02 June 2017 Employment Situation Summary
(06-02-2017, 03:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I said this when Obama was President, and I will say this while Trump is President. This is a government problem, not a President problem.

The way they create the unemployment % is BS. Plus it doesn't address the very real problem of underemployment.

Well, that is a number created. Just because U3 is the official rate doesn't mean that you can't look at and track U6, which does take into account underemployment. https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm

But, the way this is calculated has nothing to do with the problem. It is a government problem, not a problem with a particular administration, though. Which is why I point out a lack of effort for several years.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: 02 June 2017 Employment Situation Summary - Belsnickel - 06-02-2017, 08:54 PM