Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump gets Dems to advocate for free market system
I find it funny that people are saying that comments like this, and I have made them myself, are Democrats, liberals, progressives, etc., advocating for states' rights and/or the free market system. There are a couple of things missing from that logical leap.

First, let's all remember that Democrats have been, for some time now, running neoliberal. Neoliberalism is pro-free market. It's why there has been a reduction in regulations and an unwillingness to re-institute regulations post-recession. Environmental regulations are one area where the Democrats have been stingy with regulations, but not as stingy as other areas.

The second part here is that left-leaning folks are advocating for states to enforce regulations, which is not free-market, and for industries to do it on their own. But every one of them would rather the federal government put them back in place. So, as GMDino put it, this more about folks trying to clean up a mess rather than any change in position from people on the left side of the spectrum.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump gets Dems to advocate for free market system - Belsnickel - 06-05-2017, 12:24 PM