Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comey's opening statement is out.
(06-07-2017, 04:20 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That has been fairly widely reported but, shall we say, "the lede is buried"?  I would guess most of America does not realize that Trump is not a target.  Fewer still probably understand this is a counter intelligence investigation, not criminal...because that doesn't play too well with the collusion narrative.

I'm just tired of the "non-news" aspect of this story dominating the news, and kneecapping Washington even relative to the low bar that has been set.

But I stand by a do-nothing Congress seems to do less damage through not acting.

Yeah, I've been pretty irritated with the misinformation about that. If you ask many people on the left, Trump himself is guilty of treason. If you ask many people on the right, nothing questionable at all took place. The facts point to something in the middle of all of that, it's just a lot of middle ground that exists there and it will be nice when we can figure out where it is and move on.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comey's opening statement is out. - Belsnickel - 06-07-2017, 04:29 PM