Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comey's opening statement is out.
(06-08-2017, 04:58 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That would be an opinion, and I don't think a very good one (and arguably demonstrably false since he DOES seem to care about Flynn).  I think Trump, probably heeding advice of lawyers, is simply distancing himself from statements about associates that he can never make with 100% certainty.

The only things you can really say about an associate DURING an investigation is "they've assured me there is no wrongdoing".  Along the same lines, it's understandable why Comey refused to say Trump wasn't a target, because he knew that new information could change that.

It is an opinion based on how Trump has acted for his entire public life AND the fact that even while firing the FBI Director he emphasizes that HE is not under investigation.

It's all that matters in the end...selling the Brand.  It's all he's ever done.  All he knows.

With Flynn Trump knew that he had ignored information and hired him anyway...that reflects poorly on.....Trump.  He wanted the Flynn thing to "go away" because it *might* make himself look bad.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comey's opening statement is out. - GMDino - 06-08-2017, 05:04 PM