Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comey's opening statement is out.
(06-08-2017, 06:59 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Wow.  I never considered that.  Can't really wrap my head around that.  That would astonish me, but I suppose it's entirely possible that Hillary and Trump were so polarizing that "insiders" were knowingly or unwittingly influenced by foreign agents.

I'm still not fully appreciating the irony that Russia did to us what we do all over the world.  Or the perhaps selective outrage over Russia trying to influence our elections when compared to the repeated damaging hackings from China.

Another question I'm fascinated by....if the CIA had tools to replicate hacking signatures of foreign powers, could we really be certain that, say, China or NK aren't behind all this?  Or perhaps, more accurately, Russia did not act in this alone?  If you remember, cyberwarfare was an active point of emphasis early on in the Obama administration - I don't know if we are a leader now, but at one point I think we were definitely behind the curve.  And that's all a deep, deep rabit hole with Israel and Iran also having serious cyber capabilities.

Snowden, the Shadow Brokers, Wikileaks, etc. have really screwed us over.

I can't forget how many people were declaring Snowden a "hero" back in 2013. To me, he is a total traitor: no different than Aldrich Ames, Robert Hanssen, or John Walker, Jr. Fifteen years ago, Putin and the Russians could not have dreamed of doing what they are doing today. The fact that they have arrived at this point traces totally back to Snowden. Our children will suffer for what he has done.

I'll leave that at that.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comey's opening statement is out. - Bengalzona - 06-09-2017, 12:50 AM