Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comey's opening statement is out.
(06-09-2017, 12:50 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: The fact that they have arrived at this point traces totally back to Snowden. Our children will suffer for what he has done.

I have mixed feelings.  I think Snowden did an important job as whistle blower, while at the same time being reckless with the extent of what he disclosed.  Now the more recent leak (not Snowden) certainly gave ideas and blueprints to average hackers, but I doubt Russia or China state-sponsored cyber picked up many new tricks.

I'd add simply that, unlike most Libertarians, I don't believe privacy and these types of tools can't co-exist. Just about every tech has the potential for good and bad, and you can't shun advancement out of fear of abuse.

But I think it's more than a bit of a leap to lay this on Snowden.  As far as I know, he didn't deliver any "tools" to Russia, and I fully believe Russia (and other countries) were already developing their cyber warfare without Snowden's disclosures.  And the spying and meddling thing has absolutely nothing to do with Snowden but has been SOP on the world stage for decades.
--------------------------------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comey's opening statement is out. - JustWinBaby - 06-09-2017, 01:44 AM