Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comey's opening statement is out.
(06-09-2017, 09:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://thinkprogress.org/ryan-defends-trump-3c48c4d36573

But on Thursday, he tried to shift attention to the part of Comey’s testimony that Republicans think reflects favorably on Trump. Ryan claimed he understands why Trump would be frustrated “when the FBI tells him on three different occasions he’s not under investigation,” yet speculation continues.

I am neither a millionaire businessman nor a career politician, yet I understand perfectly why I might not be under investigation while an investigation into people around me continues.

I also understand that if I am not guilty of anything then best let the investigation go forward and clear me. To interfere makes me look guilty or stupid or both.  I would understand this even better were I surrounded by a staff of professional legal/political counsel, making me even more likely, were I president, to let the investigation go and get on top of my responsibilities--like nominating people for the still unfilled executive branch positions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comey's opening statement is out. - Dill - 06-09-2017, 10:29 AM