Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comey's opening statement is out.
(06-09-2017, 01:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Let me ask this.  At what point would you consider the Director of the FBI to be obstructing justice?  It's hard to imagine where a person can stop an investigation, but his boss cannot.  We keep hearing of this distance between the executive branch and the justice department, but it's not a legal one.  It's one of practice over the last 40 years.  

And all of this still revolves around who will accept his statement about Flynn to be an order.  It sure doesn't sound like an order.  One could say it was  implied, but I don't think that would hold up in a real court.  

Closing an investigation before the investigation reaches its natural conclusion either through lack of evidence, verdict in a case, etc. To me, if an investigation is opened then stopping it before then is obstructing that investigation. That and the obvious things of misinformation and all that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comey's opening statement is out. - Belsnickel - 06-09-2017, 04:59 PM