Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England
(06-10-2017, 12:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Rex Burkhead contract: $3.15 million for 1 year
Joe Mixon contract: 5.45 million for 4 years ($1.36 million on average)

I'd take Mixon over Burkhead if the salaries were even. With that said, we're getting one heck of a bargain. I don't regret losing Rex one bit. It's certainly possible he has a good season in NE, but I'd say he has an uphill battle for touches with these guys also on their roster:

Mike Gillislee: Signed to a 2 year, $6.4 million contract to replace Blount. Gillislee has averaged 5.7 YPC in his career for the Bills, and ran for 577 yards and 8 TDs behind LeSean McCoy last year.

Dion Lewis: Can't stay healthy, but obviously has a role when he is. 1000 yards from scrimmage in 14 games over the last 2 years. He's been a more effective Gio Bernard for them.

James White: A receiving back that caught 60 passes for 551 yards and 5 scores last year. Great numbers. Plus chipped in 166 rushing yards.

This is where the Bengals get little to no credit, but they not only held down their cap number, but they got a compensatory pick out of it.  That cap space will be much appreciated when they try to extend the likes of Burfict (best player on defense) and Eifert (best red zone threat).

Great point.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England - SHRacerX - 06-10-2017, 01:47 PM