Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Are The Bengals Super Bowl Contenders?
(06-12-2017, 01:15 AM)Storer50 Wrote: We have the defense. The offense needs to put up points. 20 points a game doesn't cut it anymore. The only thing holding this team back is Marvin Lewis. In this league you have to attack and keep attacking. Marvin gets a lead, and then holds. You can't do that anymore.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Agreed but I'm hoping Marvin sees that he's on the hot seat and just goes balls-to-the-wall and lets the Zampese just go after people.  Maybe his offseason motto for the team will be something like "Get After it" or "Attack" or "Now," and we just go all-out on both sides of the ball.

I also think that our players are playmakers enough where we can attack even if Marvin/Zampese try to slow us down because, take Mixon for example, he's a big play threat whenever he touches the ball, and you know AJ won't be satisfies with just running curl routes, and then Ross can go deep on any play.

Maybe Andy will also have a say in the play calling or will have more freedom/courage to audible to a deep pass play if he sees the offense loading the line.  I realize we were winning, but it was only because of the end-of-game hurry-up offense, so I never understood why Carson didn't do that when he saw defenses loading the box to stop Ced in 2009 when we went run-heavy.  I realize our game plan was to commit to the run, but an audible to taking a shot deep every once in a while wouldn't have changed the game plan.

(06-12-2017, 01:44 AM)Shady Wrote: I'm trying to be cautious about this, and I agree that we will only go as far as our OLine takes us,  but I think they COULD be good enough to get us there. FIsher and Obguehe are 1st and 2nd round picks for Pete's sake. If they can stay healthy, along with everybody else (including Fragile Tyler Eifert), I'm excited about the speed and talent we've added to our offense. I'm not worried about the D. I think we can contend for a ring.

I'm getting more-and-more optimistic, and health is always a big factor, but I think that, aside from out offensive line, we have enough depth to weather the storm of a few injuries.  Obviously, it would be a lot more difficult if any of the major guys went down for an extended period (AJ, Atkins, Andy, Burfict, etc,), but I think we've built a pretty quality roster.

I think we can contend for a ring, but it all rests on the offensive line.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are The Bengals Super Bowl Contenders? - BFritz21 - 06-12-2017, 02:13 AM