Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England
(06-11-2017, 06:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All I was bringing attention to is the fact that NE has $10.45M invested in cap space for their 4 experienced RBs.  I said that I hadn't checked the value that the Bengals had invested in the position. 

I guess to expound upon the statement, I would ask;  Do you think that NE has done a good job of managing their cap space and stocking their RB squad?  How do you feel that compares with what the Bengals are doing?

Different situations really. I think the Pats loaded up (signing 2 RBs and trading for Brandin Cooks) knowing that Brady is nearing the end. That said, generally I would say no I probably wouldn't prefer having $10 million invested at RB...unless there is a proven stud in there somewhere.

(06-12-2017, 08:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: With you 100%, but I don't think they will waste it.  If I had to wager, I would guess their strategy would be to start them splitting carries almost evenly, with a gradual increase of Mixon as the season goes on.  They need Mixon to be fresh for the end of the season run, so it will likely be running back by committee in the early going and even more so once Gio is up to speed.  That being said, I don't think they would stick with Hill for long if he is averaging something like 2.9 ypc, and Mixon is over 4.  

Good point about keeping him fresh for the stretch. Sometimes rookie RBs struggle down the stretch getting used to the longer NFL schedule. Just hope that Mixon is a huge factor this year, and that we are relevant down the stretch.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England - Shake n Blake - 06-12-2017, 10:11 PM