Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Athlon Magazine Picks Bengals 3rd in AFC
(06-14-2017, 11:05 PM)kevin Wrote: ....and out of all 16 AFC Teams rates Bengals at # 13.   The magazine says players keep leaving from the team that made 5 straight play-offs.  It says nothing Bengals are doing will mean a thing if the Offensive Line experiment blows up in their face.

Going through store, I took a look at it on Bengals.  So if you see other magazines like this, just remember what Paul Brown use to say about them. " Every summer about this time these things come out saying who's going to finish where and who will win it all. It makes you wonder why we even play the season. I have noticed though that these things are more wrong than right every year, so I think we will go ahead and play the season. "  - Paul Brown on these summer prediction magazines around 1972, give or take a year.

I do agree the offensive line was not addressed in free agency or draft very well.  The O Line Coach and O Linemen have their work cut out rebuilding into a team unit in training camp and preseason for start of season.  IF the O LINE comes together, Bengals will be one tough team.  GO BENGALS.

Well it does hinge on the O-line play so i cannot disagree if they suck, we will probably be 3rd in the North.

But i see guys like Og, Fisher, Boling and even Andre playing better this year. Og will not be better than Whitworth but even
if we brought in Ricky Wagner in FA he wouldn't of been as good as Whitworth. Og will play better this year at his natural
position where he can use that great athleticism. He is a lot stronger already according to Lap and has gotten much better in
his technique.

Fisher looks like a freak in the pics, best shape i have ever seen an Offensive Lineman in. Boling should be 100%, Andre
should be an upgrade in the running game over Zeitler and coming from RT should also be good in pass protection.

Even if we don't improve much we should improve some and own the Ravens, so i would lean closer to 2nd in the AFC North
if our O-line is still a weakness even. If these guys get better as everything alludes to though we should win the AFC North.

13-3 with an improved O-line and these weapons with this Defense and ST's is my early prediction.

Thinking around .500 if the O-line is bad again fighting with the Ravens for 2nd.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Athlon Magazine Picks Bengals 3rd in AFC - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-16-2017, 01:27 PM