Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Are The Bengals Super Bowl Contenders?
It's hard to say there are a lot of variables that have to fall in our favor but if the stars align I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.
  • The o-line needs to improve and jell. Not just Ogbuehi but also Fischer and Andre Smith playing a new position. We need Boling and Bodine to step up as vets and lead the young guys Smith could help too in leading.
  • We need one or both of our 2 first round picks to step up. I have a lot of faith in Mixon as far as being a productive rookie. As far as the other rookies go if Lawson is as advertised he could add some real explosiveness and athleticism to our defense.
  • Last years new additions need to improve and take the next step. Boyd, LaFell, Vigil and Billings especially. Not just the players though all of the new coaches. We had a new offensive coordinator and new position coaches on every spot of the defense. In my opinion there were growing pains at the beginning of last year and things gradually improved after the bye.
  • And the obvious one is to stay healthy. If we can be healthy at the right time we could make a playoff run. Of course that first game has seemed to be a big obstacle for Marvin. Doesn't matter who the players or coaches are with him we've seen them all change.

I'm cautiously optimistic about us making the playoffs but everything else after that is just an unknown. It's hard to have confidence in Marvin until we see at least a win in the post season. After being 8-8 so many times he did improve to going one and done a bunch of times so maybe now we have reached the point were we can win at least a playoff game for the next half decade or so.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are The Bengals Super Bowl Contenders? - CageTheBengal - 06-16-2017, 03:20 PM