Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Athlon Magazine Picks Bengals 3rd in AFC
(06-16-2017, 01:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It was mostly on coaching, PA was terrible last year, Zampese, Haslett, Burney and Coyle were in their first year here.

PA stuck with Og for way too frickin long at RT, took us till like week 11 to bench him. Zeitler was bad in the run game.

We didn't address the lack of a deep threat till like week 11 when we brought Core in to the games.

MJ and Hunt cannot bend and rush the passer so this is more on the players here.

My hope is the coaches going into their second year here get better, Og and Fisher get better, Andre is better in the run
game than Zeitler, our new deep threats and new RB open up the Offense, Willis and Lawson can bend and rush the passer
better than MJ and Hunt, Billings and Minter are better than Peko and Maualuga etc.

So far? Looking like these things are coming to fruition.

Both of those examples pissed me off to no end, but can't forget about Mike F*****g Nugent either Whatever

And it was so obvious that these simple changes needed to be made long before they actually were. Plenty of fans on these boards were calling for these changes, and certain elitist others Ninja  tried to make us feel stupid with snarky quips like "I trust our coaches to do the right thing. Do you think you know better than the coaches?"

Sadly, sometimes... YES! And the coaches proved us right by finally making moves we were clamoring for. Pathetic, isn't it? 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Athlon Magazine Picks Bengals 3rd in AFC - Pat5775 - 06-16-2017, 04:00 PM