Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Athlon Magazine Picks Bengals 3rd in AFC
(06-15-2017, 12:15 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: You forgot the nuge in there somewhere

Gee thanks. I'd forgotten about Nuge and you had to go and remind me.

(06-15-2017, 12:18 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I would place the blame more on losing coaches then on losing players. Losing the good and keeping the bad in the coaching ranks can not be helping things at all.

True true. Losing talent like Hue, having to reboot the offense and work in all these new coaches on defense can't help.

(06-15-2017, 04:44 AM)grampahol Wrote: We'll just have to wait and see how this season comes out.  PA takes a ton of heat here and elsewhere, but if both Ced and Jake play lights out some of the criticism will fade, but it's still on these young men to go out there and prove themselves to the league and fans alike. 
It's really easy to try to lay all the blame at the feet of coaches, but coaches aren't the guys who are 22-30 years old out there putting it all on the line every Sunday afternoon. 
If, and a big IF the Oline plays great and protects Andy and clears holes for the backs they'll deserve a lot of credit and likewise so will the coaches.. 
Just because I can I'm still going to cling to my outlandish prediction of us celebrating 50 years with a super bowl victory.. 

The problem with blaming players is that the coaches also picked these guys. So either way, it falls back on coaches. They are either failing at picking them, or failing to coach them up.

(06-15-2017, 12:28 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Andy just need to learn the Peyton move.....He played behind terrible OLs and just tucked it and fell to the ground when he knew his ass was going to get pummeled....  

If Dalton did that, people would call him soft, or claim he's anticipating pressure.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Athlon Magazine Picks Bengals 3rd in AFC - Shake n Blake - 06-16-2017, 10:21 PM