Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England
(06-15-2017, 11:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: I get that, and it makes good sense.  That said, they always preach the future, and the future is this:  Hill is a turd, most likely gone after this season, and Peerman is getting old, and he's a one trick pony.  In my opinion, you spend a little this year, then next year, Hill is gone, and Rex steps in to replace him AND Peerman, and your savings at the position work out.  You have a more dynamic utility guy behind two good backs, that can play on teams......and step in at WR in a pinch if need be.  Neither Peerman nor Hill can do that.

This is exactly what I had hoped for...

You even touched on the point about them being such good receivers out of the backfield.  I will add that these three had similar versatility and the playbook is not paper-clipped open to just a few select pages when either of them is on the field.  I don't mean to dump everything at the feet of Hill, but his mere presence tips teams off as to what is coming.  Peerman I hardly even think of as a RB, just a special teams guy, albeit a good one.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England - SHRacerX - 06-18-2017, 10:25 AM