Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England
(06-16-2017, 12:33 AM)jowczarski Wrote: I'll try to cycle through the entire thread but someone asked me over in the, well, 'ask me' section about Rex not returning messages, etc.

All I can say is that from what I understand, that is true to a degree. How pervasive that was (i.e. to every single player or coach) but it did occur.

As to why?

I believe that was the strategy his 'team' decided to employ once he became an unrestricted free agent. Every agent and player decides how to handle that differently. He went silent. And, he found a team that clearly likes that kind of thing even though on a day-to-day basis, I'd like to think he enjoyed talking with us.

That was me.  Thanks for responding, Jim.  I thought it might surprise some on here that it was like that.  Regardless of that being a strategy that the agent wanted to employ, I think the opinions of many that the Bengals didn't try to re-sign him is what I was trying to illustrate:  They weren't really given the opportunity, as I understand it.  

I liked Sexy a great deal.  He is a very versatile piece on the field and a great guy off the field, but I didn't like this strategy against the team that did draft you when every other team passed on him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England - SHRacerX - 06-18-2017, 10:30 AM