Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England
(06-18-2017, 10:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That was me.  Thanks for responding, Jim.  I thought it might surprise some on here that it was like that.  Regardless of that being a strategy that the agent wanted to employ, I think the opinions of many that the Bengals didn't try to re-sign him is what I was trying to illustrate:  They weren't really given the opportunity, as I understand it.  

I liked Sexy a great deal.  He is a very versatile piece on the field and a great guy off the field, but I didn't like this strategy against the team that did draft you when every other team passed on him.

It's possible he just didn't want to be here anymore. He played with everything he had and carried a do or die type of mentality. Maybe he didn't see the possibilities of this team being a winner under ML and MB? Many careers have come and gone under those 2 without even a playoff win. So, if this is the case then I wont hold that against him. Sometimes silence is the best way to handle certain situations without causing a ruckus between fans and the team or wrong impressions against himself. Hard to tell? Anyway, I wish him much success in his career and hope Bill shows off his talent in ways that Marvin didn't recognize.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England - HarleyDog - 06-18-2017, 11:31 AM