Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England
(06-18-2017, 11:31 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: It's possible he just didn't want to be here anymore. He played with everything he had and carried a do or die type of mentality. Maybe he didn't see the possibilities of this team being a winner under ML and MB? Many careers have come and gone under those 2 without even a playoff win. So, if this is the case then I wont hold that against him. Sometimes silence is the best way to handle certain situations without causing a ruckus between fans and the team or wrong impressions against himself. Hard to tell? Anyway, I wish him much success in his career and hope Bill shows off his talent in ways that Marvin didn't recognize.

I don't know.  I completely understand your point of view, and I have usually sided with the players that "exp;lore other options".  However, Burkhead wasn't held back from opportunities each and every season here.  He had a LOT of injuries that prevented him from getting opportunities early on.  The Bengals stood by him after using a 5th round pick on him.  He was given the opportunity to showcase his talents as a slot WR (where NE will likely use him a lot) in a playoff game no less. 

It isn't that I don't like Sexy any more, but I am disappointed that he didn't field their calls.  Agent-driven or otherwise.  That isn't how I would expect someone like him to do business.  If nothing else, maybe he could have driven up the asking price from the Pats?  When they wouldn't match the Bengals offer, it would have come out that the Bengals wanted to pay him more, but he wanted to go to New England.  At the very least, people wouldn't be saying how the Bengals didn't make an effort to sign him and they don't know talent. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England - SHRacerX - 06-18-2017, 11:55 AM