Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England
(06-18-2017, 01:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I never bought that report that only 4-5 teams had Mixon on their board. Maybe in the 1st or 2nd round...but if he kept slipping (I doubt he would've slipped much further), I have a feeling he suddenly would've magically reappeared on plenty of boards. It didn't benefit teams in any way to admit interest, with all the pre-draft negative press he was getting.

Peerman has a cap hit of 1.09 million this year. Assuming Rex would've taken a multi-year deal (he signed a 1 year deal) at around the same price, we'd be paying $1 million more for 1 less player. We typically carry 4 RB's though....

Fwiw, I'm with you on Rex being better than I thought but still not as good as some claim.

Maybe so, but the fact that Dalvin Cook went ahead of him is pretty telling, in my opinion.  I'm sure someone would have eventually taken a flyer on him.....but with the talent he's touted as having, falling to where he did speaks volumes.  There's no guarantee anyone would have taken him after us either.....

....but are you?  You're essentially eating up two spots, and two salaries to do the same thing that ONE player could do.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-20-2017, 09:50 AM