Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 felonies for passing out jury nullification fliers
(08-06-2015, 01:38 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: As a matter of fairness, nullification presents dangers. It was used many times, it seems, as a means to acquit white people of crimes against blacks, during the Jim Crow era. I'm sure there are more examples but this one will do.

I'm not implying its a double edged sword, however nullification shouldn't be applied loosely in any case. Still, I maintain its use is on par with a single vote for office and should be common knowledge amongst the people. I can see why the legal system wouldn't want it to be, but I can't excuse it.

It seems you think there is some law that grants jury nullification.  It just exists due to our double jeopardy laws, and that of course we don't hold jurors somehow responsible for their decision nor do we know, unless they tell us, what factors they used to decide the verdict.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 felonies for passing out jury nullification fliers - michaelsean - 08-06-2015, 01:48 PM