Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite Clinton impeachment vote, Gingrich says President 'cannot obstruct justice'
(06-20-2017, 01:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: There was an obstruction charge connected to the lying under oath and witness tampering, but not for performing legal acts.

(06-20-2017, 01:42 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well... Article III of the Clinton impeachment says "William Jefferson Clinton [...] has prevented, obstructed, and impeded the administration of justice, and has to that end engaged personally, and through his subordinates and agents, in a course of conduct or scheme designed to delay, impede, cover up, and conceal the existence of evidence and testimony related to a Federal civil rights action brought against him"

So well, obstruction was a part of what Gingrich voted for.

Fair enough, I should have been clearer.  Regardless, my less than precise language does not change my point at all.  When anyone gets back to me with solid evidence that Trump obstructed justice then the article will start to have a point.  Until that happens this is, as I said, a garbage comparison.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite Clinton impeachment vote, Gingrich says President 'cannot obstruct justice' - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-20-2017, 02:32 PM