Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite Clinton impeachment vote, Gingrich says President 'cannot obstruct justice'
(06-20-2017, 02:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  When anyone gets back to me with solid evidence that Trump obstructed justice then the article will start to have a point.  Until that happens this is, as I said, a garbage comparison.

But that was not the point the article was making. It's not about the actual obstruction or if it indeed happened or not. It's about Gingrich saying a president in general can't be charged with obstruction of justice, by the nature of his position alone he can not "obstruct". And if that truely is his view on that subject, it isn't quite a consistent one... since president Clinton could in his eyes very well obstruct justice. I feel that's a fair point to make. Not an overly important one, but also not a "garbage" one.

What might be most interesting is not Gingrich's alleged hypocrisy, but if he's actually right. Is it impossible for a president to obstruct justice? In the sense that it's also impossible he's charged with sharing classified information?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite Clinton impeachment vote, Gingrich says President 'cannot obstruct justice' - hollodero - 06-20-2017, 02:44 PM