Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite Clinton impeachment vote, Gingrich says President 'cannot obstruct justice'
(06-20-2017, 03:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Corrupt intent has to be proven, that is a difficult thing. In this situation it could be different since Trump can't keep his mouth shut and stay off of Twitter.

Well the first thing I am going to do as a defense attorney is cite all the investigations stopped through pardons and  point out that there was never once an attempt at prosecution for the President halting an investigation through the powers granted to him.  

Of course first you have to prove he even attempted to halt the investigation. Do the testimonies of Coats and Rogers count? We don't have him ever saying that, but we do have him saying if any of his people broke the law, it's good to know. Hmmm...I wonder if that's obstruction too. I wonder if Comey felt pressured to investigate his aids after he said that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite Clinton impeachment vote, Gingrich says President 'cannot obstruct justice' - michaelsean - 06-20-2017, 03:40 PM