Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite Clinton impeachment vote, Gingrich says President 'cannot obstruct justice'
(06-20-2017, 03:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well the first thing I am going to do as a defense attorney is cite all the investigations stopped through pardons and  point out that there was never once an attempt at prosecution for the President halting an investigation through the powers granted to him.

But there has been. As I said, the case was filed at SCOTUS for Nixon to attempt to prosecute Nixon, but was withdrawn because of his resignation.

(06-20-2017, 03:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Of course first you have to prove he even attempted to halt the investigation. Do the testimonies of Coats and Rogers count? We don't have him ever saying that, but we do have him saying if any of his people broke the law, it's good to know. Hmmm...I wonder if that's obstruction too. I wonder if Comey felt pressured to investigate his aids after he said that.

We have Trump saying he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation. Is it enough? I don't know, this is why there is an investigation.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite Clinton impeachment vote, Gingrich says President 'cannot obstruct justice' - Belsnickel - 06-20-2017, 03:59 PM