Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White terrorist kills muslims with car
(06-27-2017, 01:26 AM)TSociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ideology and religion are heavily enmeshed, as I already stated.  Thank you for the bottomless repeats.  Semantic arguments are utterly boring and pointless, which might explain your preference for them.

Yup, and I stand by them, as stated above.  I'll put it in grade school terms for you.  Not all ideology is religious, but all religion contains ideology.  

What you said was, "in almost every respect they are the same thing."  That's a bit more than "enmeshed," for it implies religion and ideology could be synonymous in many contexts. They are not, especailly where people and organizations are trying to discredit a religion by calling it an ideology.

Though religion and ethnicity may also be "heavily enmeshed," you earlier decided that Islam was not an ethnicity, and apparently don't believe that a "boring and pointless" distinction.

Since much misunderstanding results from unclear terminology, semantic clarification is a central part of any serious, and rigorous, philosophical, religious or scientific inquiry.  People carrying on serious discussions understand this. School children are bored by it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread