Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England
(06-26-2017, 10:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: I preferred Mixon because he's more of a bellcow type of back with more power between the tackles that can send Hill to the bench.  Cook is closer to Gio in his skill set, and Gio is locked up long term.  The fumbling issues are also a big strike against Cook, especially since fumbles from the RB's have killed us in a couple of recent playoff losses.  

Off the field, if not for the video, Cook would've universally been seen as a higher character risk.

I would have been happy with either, but I gave Mixon a definite edge.  Still, it's kind of like comparing Shady McCoy to LeVeon Bell.  Different kinds of backs, but you can't go wrong with either.

Excellent point about Cook's ball security issues and "other" issues, but I believe that the durability and ball security were the big reasons they let Cook go to the six rulers.  

Plus, I think that trade allowed us to get Josh Malone, a steal in the fourth round if he pans out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England - SHRacerX - 06-27-2017, 08:46 AM