Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White terrorist kills muslims with car
(06-27-2017, 11:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote: And even the teachings.  I think teaching creationism is close to extinct.  There may be some side by side teaching left.  I'm not sure.  Even my Catholic schools 40 years ago were teaching evolution and the creation story was a myth or metaphor.  Not sure what word I want.  I don't have an issue with teaching about the Bible as it's one of history's most important books, but I have no urge to try to make people believe a certain way, and I believe most people have moved there.

In Fairfax County VA, middle school teachers of biology must read a statement at the beginning of the term that evolution and creation are both "equally" explanations of how life originated. Then after that they must not discuss evolution. Not sure what happens in HS.

42% of Americans still believe god created us as we are now.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/21814/evolution-creationism-intelligent-design.aspx

Also, another large percentage belief in intelligent design. Mike Pence may fit into this group.

I think the Bible should be taught as a book formative of European/US culture, or at least offered as an elective, in high schools.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White terrorist kills muslims with car - Dill - 06-27-2017, 12:30 PM