Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England
(06-27-2017, 09:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: Right.  Cook has made some poor choices, but nothing like that.  Hernandez was a loose cannon.

I agree totally about the risk part, but maybe not the bellcow thing.

Mixon split carries at OU, Cook WAS the offense in Tallahassee.  Cook is more powerful than Gio, and more dynamic.  I love Bernard to death, and he is most definitely a better ambassador for our team....but he's not in Cook's league between the hashes.

I wanted Devonta Freeman two years ago, and can Hill then.....Cook has shattered his records at Miami-Dade, and FSU.
Of all the backs I saw on film I liked Cook the best as a pure runner.  Just a natural runner who almost always found daylight.  The most dynamic and explosive.

Fornette was the most powerful (though the kid from Pittsburgh who went to the Steelers was darn close).   He put some licks on dbs and in blitz pickup that made me shudder.  Jacksonville will not be disappointed in their pick.

But I think that Mixon will have been the best overall choice for the Bengals.  He does a lot of things really well, including block.  And his receiving is elite.

Can't wait to see the guy play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England - 3wt - 06-27-2017, 02:15 PM