Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England
(06-27-2017, 10:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: I can see that, but Cook had issues with more than just association down there. One scout said he thought Cook was one of the biggest character red flag in the draft. Either way it doesn't really matter he is a Viking now, hopefully he doesn't get into trouble for Zimmer.

Yep, and hopefully Mixon doesn't give the Bengals any headaches.  Being a longtime FSU fan, I'll still be tracking him and other Seminole alums to see how they fare though. One thing to ponder is that according to the MMQB article, Cook didn't go through "interview tutoring" as most players do, and chose, instead, to interview on his own merit.

(06-27-2017, 02:15 PM)3wt Wrote: Of all the backs I saw on film I liked Cook the best as a pure runner.  Just a natural runner who almost always found daylight.  The most dynamic and explosive.

Fornette was the most powerful (though the kid from Pittsburgh who went to the Steelers was darn close).   He put some licks on dbs and in blitz pickup that made me shudder.  Jacksonville will not be disappointed in their pick.

But I think that Mixon will have been the best overall choice for the Bengals.  He does a lot of things really well, including block.  And his receiving is elite.

Can't wait to see the guy play.

Yeah, I'm glad we didn't get Fornette.  I like his power, but behind this line.....I had my concerns.  Cook's ability to be "extra slippery" as you refer to in finding daylight was what intrigued me the most about him in stripes.  The way our run blocking has been the last decade plus, we need a guy who can make things happen.  Hopefully Mixon will.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burkhead Making A Strong Impression in New England - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-27-2017, 04:37 PM