Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White terrorist kills muslims with car
(06-27-2017, 04:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Can you get a source for this? Fairfax County isn't too far from me and very similar to my own county. I seriously doubt this is their current policy and any sources I could find date between 1995-1999.

My "source" would be the teachers at Lanier Middle School in the city of Fairfax, who explained the policy to me during a parent teacher meeting in 2000.  I found no public statement of this policy on the Fairfax website. I doubt there is one now. Perhaps they have changed it.

A suggestion: if you live in the area, call a teacher at one of the middle schools and ask if there policy is still to read a statement about creationism and evolution in biology classes. If they are unable to talk about the policy, that may be confirmation.

I don't see any mention of evolution in their 2010 Standards of Learning Blueprint for 8th grade science. Students just learn about cell structure and chemical processes and basic genetics. Nothing about evolution.  The standards for HS do include learning evolution as a goal, as of 2010.

http://www.doe.virginia.gov/testing/sol/blueprints/science_blueprints/2010/2010_blueprint_science_8.pdf

But they were DEFINITELY doing this in '99 and '00
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White terrorist kills muslims with car - Dill - 06-27-2017, 08:04 PM