Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White terrorist kills muslims with car
(06-27-2017, 08:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, this is interesting to me. I grew up in Virginia, in a much more red area than Fairfax as well. Creationism, intelligent design, none of that stuff was brought up in my life sciences class in 7th grade, in my honors bio in 10th, or my AP bio in 11th. This would have been in 1998-1999, 2001, and 2002-2003  respectively. So that would have had to have been a local policy, but not one my much more conservative area used.

Now, I can't remember if we covered much about evolution in 7th, but I definitely remember a good deal about it later on.

Edit: Take a look at the document you linked, page 8:

LS is 7th grade in Virginia.

Edit again: This is LS.13 and LS.14 from when I was in school:

http://www.doe.virginia.gov/testing/sol/blueprints/science_blueprints/previous/1995/blueprints_science8.shtml

Whoa Bels. I went back and checked the document I linked. Here is what I see. 

LS 13. The student will investigate and understand that populations of organisms change
over time. Key concepts include
a)  the relationships of mutation, adaptation, natural selection, and extinction.

There is no no "B" and "C" and no mention of the world "evolution" at all.  You have an extra line which does not appear in the copy I am looking at.

. How is that possible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White terrorist kills muslims with car - Dill - 06-27-2017, 09:39 PM