Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back
(06-30-2017, 12:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Couple things here:

1) If he hadn't watched the show in a long time...why the tweets yesterday?

2) If Joe had called the POTUS to ask him that would imply he didn't want the story printed (don't think it has been yet) so why would he talk about it at all?  

But hey, at least they're getting rid of healthcare and want all our voter roll information...right?  Smirk

Looks like some serious lying on top of yesterday's tweet. How is it that the POTUS can stop negative news coverage of people?

Trump aids said Trump would spike a "negative story about him in the National Enquirer if Scarborough would call the president and apologize for his negative coverage of Trump.

He described the White House officials as "three people at the very top of the administration."

"They said if you call the president up and you apologize for your coverage, then he will pick up the phone and basically spike the story," Scarborough said.

Scarborough said his response was, "Like ‘are you kidding me. I don't know what they have, run a story, I'm not going to do it,’ Scarborough said. 

“The calls kept coming and they were like ‘you need to call, please call',” he added.

Trump has often spoken of his long-standing personal relationship with David Pecker, the owner of the National Enquirer. During the 2016 campaign, Trump several times referred to negative stories in the tabloid aimed at his rivals, such as Ben Carson and Ted Cruz.

After Scarborough's appearance Friday morning, Trump tweeted: "Watched low rated @Morning_Joe for first time in long time. FAKE NEWS. He called me to stop a National Enquirer article. I said no! Bad show"

Scarborough quickly responded with his own tweet to deny that he had phoned Trump. "Yet another lie. I have texts from your top aides and phone records. Also, those records show I haven't spoke with you in many months."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back - Dill - 06-30-2017, 04:52 PM