Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official GOP Debate Thread
(08-07-2015, 08:22 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Cruz won the debate IMO. He stood out among the others as someone who wants to fix the problems and not play politics. Somebody, I think it was Rand Paul, accused him of not working with the establishment, and he agreed. He showed that he is fighting the problems with the Republican establishment.

I'm still voting for Carson though at this point. They didn't give him much time to speak, but when they did, he resonated with a lot of people.

From what I am seeing on Facebook and what not, the opinions on who "won" the debate last night are across the spectrum. I've yet to see any pundits have any input on it, but I doubt it will be much more definitive.

Relying on debates to form any sort of opinion about a candidate it pointless. They spend so much time preparing for it and it's under these controlled circumstances. It's a dog and pony show that amounts to political masturbation, especially for the debates leading up to the primaries.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official GOP Debate Thread - Belsnickel - 08-07-2015, 09:16 AM