Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICE crackdown forcing some families to self deport
(07-11-2017, 04:33 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed.

And that's what makes our current system (if it was staffed) a good one. If you are willing to come here and put in the work, it doesn't matter if you're a physicist or a landscaper. If you're hard working, obey the law and a little lucky, you can make a good life here.

Yes.  I may have an over-idealized vision of immigration, but I see it like a guy comes here, and he will take whatever work he can get.  He packs his lunch and doesn't waste his money.  Maybe he starts a business eventually.  He marries and they have kids, and you better believe these kids are going to school, and they are going to perform, and they become our DRs, lawyers, engineers etc.,  and they are Americans not someone we needed to import.

But I truly believe you always need this new blood that's hungry. Maybe literally, maybe figuratively, maybe both.   They are the future entrepreneurs.  I complain about my job and someone says, start your own business, and I'm like, I don't know how to run a business.  They don't either, and they don't care.  They were making $10 a day at home, so what do they have to lose?  Janis would say they are free.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ICE crackdown forcing some families to self deport - michaelsean - 07-11-2017, 04:49 PM