Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 felonies for passing out jury nullification fliers
(08-07-2015, 05:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The little people already elect the people who make the laws.  
I'm not so sure that laws on abortion, gay marriage, prostitution and medical or recreational marijuana share the same level of support now as when they were passed decades ago. It's not quick or easy to repeal a law. When the best chance a law gets repealed is a Supreme Court ruling forcing its removal, you know it's a slow process where change is only made when it's long overdue.
(08-07-2015, 05:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All this does is give every crazy psycho the chance to say what the law is.  Do you really trust everyone out there to be reasonable on what they think the law should be?  This world is full of nutjobs, and we can't let them decide what the law is.
Crazy psychos and nutjobs in control of our laws and punishments for crimes? You mean exactly like right now?

I trust that no one is against murder simply because the state bans it. People are against murder because it denies a living person their most basic right. That's a right that we all understand exists with or without a state writing it down on paper.

And to respond to your edit that wasn't quoted in my reply - Do you really think a contempt charge is going to change someone's vote if they culturally and religiously believe honor killings are okay? Religion has always been slow to change and government persecution has never been an effective way to stop religious beliefs.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 felonies for passing out jury nullification fliers - 6andcounting - 08-07-2015, 05:12 PM