Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polish senate passes promised reforms to judiciary
(07-23-2017, 11:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Activist judges are the problem. Maybe if the judges just do their job and not try to legislate from the bench there wouldn't be a need for his stuff.

We have an activist Judge problem here as well and I wish the senate would start going after them.

Judiciary is important but it's become too powerful at times.

"Activist judges" is a term used by people who disagree with the rulings of the judiciary. I have some news, the judiciary knows the law better than you, better than me, better than the legislature, and better than the executive. When any government that is set up with a separation of powers that includes an independent judiciary makes it not independent, it is a concerning move and a step backwards in democratic principles. It doesn't matter whether it is the right-wing doing it, or the left, moves like this should concern citizens.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polish senate passes promised reforms to judiciary - Belsnickel - 07-23-2017, 02:26 PM