Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Almost 50% of Leftists refuse to be friends with a Trump supporter.
(07-24-2017, 12:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Me too, often because I get frustrated at their lack of understanding. But that doesn't mean we refuse to talk to them about issues/policies or refuse to be friends with them. That is what the author of the article in the OP tried to claim.

Agreed. It is important to keep up dialogue and try to understand where other people are coming from.

I occasionally talk to some of my old high school buddies on Facebook, some of whom are Trump supporters. They are good people whom I have known for 5 decades now.  But when they demand to know why Obama "gave" the Iranians 150 Billion dollars instead of using that money to rebuild the US infrastructure, or they think Trump should be able to call the president of Taiwan directly anytime he wants to show China who's boss, or we should have "taken the oil" in Iraq and "work with Russia" in Syria, then I do feel anxious.

20 years ago that lack of knowledge would have little effect on policy. But in the Trump era it is empowered and driving policy. That is what creates the stress.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Almost 50% of Leftists refuse to be friends with a Trump supporter. - Dill - 07-24-2017, 01:45 PM