Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bob Costas' Halfway House/Kaepernick interview
(07-24-2017, 02:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Distractions have a huge impact on football.  Kaepernick would be a huge distraction.  It's not just the kneeling during the anthem, he's contributed to being a distraction in other ways, like wearing socks depicting police officers as pigs and making anti-LEO statements.  Also, not all the distractions will come from detractors, Kaepernick's defenders will be out in full force and volume as well.  Others have made this point, Kaepernick thinks he's a starter and deserves starter money.  If this were not the case then he'd be on Seattle's roster right now.  Kaepernick is too inconsistent to be a viable long term starter.  You add all these issues up and you get someone who is going to watch next season on a couch.

Sign a prove contract and prove it, otherwise shut up (Kaepernick not you).

Agreed (although I would differ on his consistency... it's easier to look consistent when your team is at least mediocre), and I think that's the biggest part of it.

I don't think it's political or some big conspiracy. It seems like it's more about the off-field and what you mention in bold are concerns. And I don't fault a team owner/GM concerned about bringing in a guy who is going to disrupt the flow. It's a lot different than the Vick situation, but it was unlikely (even in today's climate) that another teammate would get asked "So, has Vick tried to kill your dog?" But I could see a reporter asking "Has Kaepernick tried to liberalism the locker room?"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bob Costas' Halfway House/Kaepernick interview - Benton - 07-24-2017, 03:18 PM