Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity'
(07-27-2017, 01:44 PM)Millhouse Wrote: This is one aspect of this tweet decision I don't like at all. Apparently the Joint Chiefs of Staff didn't know this was going to happen, and were not part of the decision process. Now I said yesterday I was ok but I wouldnt have done it. After looking over everything in the last two days, I do change my mind, as I am not ok with this decision. I do see it as nothing more than a political ploy to many of those that voted for him, nothing more nor less.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/27/politics/trump-military-transgender-ban-joint-chiefs/index.html

But, wait, didn't he "consult his generals and military experts?" That's the thing that gets me with this. The JCS are his generals and military experts, yet they didn't know.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - Belsnickel - 07-27-2017, 01:47 PM